Whether it’s to help you get your homework done more easily or simply to entertain you when you’re not studying, electronics and accessories fill the dorm room of today.
HDTVs, laptops, printers, smartphones, iPads, Blu-ray players, game systems and more, are what today’s student brings with them to college. Along with them, are a multitude of cords, batteries, cases and adapters.
Many deals on these dorm room items are available here: College Bound Essentials , where the Savvy Sleuth has added her personal picks for Back to School.
Dorm Room Electronics
Below are both wants and needs for college dorm rooms.
Check in with your roommate to see who’s bringing what to school with them, and maybe you can split the cost on the bigger ticket items.
Also be sure to check with your school to find out what services such as cable TV and Internet are provided.
- Laptop or Desktop PC with Monitor
- Tablet, iPad or Chromebook
- Smartphone, iPhone or Cell Phone
- Wireless or Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse
- Bluetooth speakers with charging dock for iPod
- Graphing and Scientific Calculators
- USB Flash Drives
- External Hard Drives
- Surge Protectors
- HDMI and Other Cable Accessories
- USB Hubs
- Wireless Router (if Wi-Fi isn’t available)
- Battery Back-up
- XBox, PS, or Wii
- HDTV or Monitor for Gaming System
- Home Theater AV Amplifier and Speakers
- Services: Netflix and Hulu Plus